Paulo C. Bartolomeu (IT- University of Aveiro, Portugal) and Stefano Marrone (University of Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy) are presenting a Special Session, entitled “Industrial Cybersecurity Methods and Technologies”, in the scope of ETFA Conference, which will be held at Romania, on September 12-15, 2023.
Industrial cybersecurity has become a key research topic in recent years due to the massive connectivity brought by the Internet of Things and the rise of cyberattacks against industrial assets. While fostering contemporary applications and use cases, ubiquitous Internet access has also exposed legacy operational technologies to new and challenging security threats that must be addressed. This Special Session focuses on novel security, safety, and privacy-enhancing technologies for current and future industrial applications.
Topics under this session include (but are not limited to):
• Security, safety, or privacy-enhancing technologies in industrial systems;
• Modeling of cybersecurity threats;
• Applications of distributed ledger technologies/blockchains in Industry 4.0;
• Self-sovereign identity for M2M and decentralized device-to-device communication;
• Hardware advances for securing Industrial devices and networks;
• Quantitative evaluation and/or interconnections among non-functional aspects (e.g., reliability vs. safety, security vs. performance);
• Run-time methods and technologies for Complex Event Detection systems;
• Software engineering methods and techniques for highly dependable control systems;
• Case studies/lessons learned of security, safety, or privacy assessments of industrial systems.
The ETFA conference brings together experts from industry and academia to disseminate novel ideas and emerging trends, research results and practical achievements in the area of industrial and factory automation. The ultimate goal is fostering the development and adoption of scientific methods, models, and tools for the efficient design and operation of industrial and factory automation systems.
Check here the Important dates:
For more, visit the Conference webpage: