The Workshop on Sustainable Future Ultra-Dense Networks will be held, as a hybrid event, in the scope of Globecom 2022 - IEEE Global Communications Conference, with the theme "Accelerating the Digital Transformation through Smart Communications", on December 4-8, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Workshop will focus on Sustainable Future Ultra-Dense Networks (FutureUDNs) including vehicular environments, smart cities, and buildings, and envisage the most important components in future networks: frequency spectrum usage and underlying Radio Access Network (RAN) techniques. FutureUDNs consider aspects such as applying intelligence-based algorithms for energy-efficient communication systems, radio resource management, optimization of cellular and cell-free networks, as well as software-defined networking. Challenges encompass research on dual connectivity, carrier aggregation, and shared spectrum while exploring unlicensed spectrum. Future wireless networks will mainly consider centralized solutions, where virtualized-RANs are implemented to enhance 5G New Radio sustainability. Beyond 5G networks are being designed for a broad range of usage: enterprises and future mission-critical applications, virtual/augmented reality, and enhanced wireless usage for many verticals.
The Workshop on Sustainable Future Ultra-Dense Networks aims to bring researchers together to discuss the opportunities and challenges in the research, design, and optimization of future mobile and wireless networks that comprise UDNs, especially energy efficiency and business-oriented strategies. This event will focus on, but will not be limited to, the following subjects of interest:
(1) Use cases that include terrestrial and flying heterogeneous networks with small cells supporting URLLC, mMTC, and eMBB, e.g., in dense public and industrial environments;
(2) RAN techniques in future cellular and cell-free massive MIMO networks;
(3) Case studies that consider a diverse set of services, enabling sustainable cities and infrastructures: e.g., safe autonomous transportation, reliable access to remote health care;
(4) Radio resource management and capacity enhancement;
(5) Challenges in the optimization of networks with flying UAVs;
(6) Field trials and test beds in real setups, e.g., with Open RAN (and eCPRI) solutions, with Remote Units and UEs;
(7) Innovative models delivered through virtualization principles;
(8) Next-Generation Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11be/ax/ay) and interworking with 5G/LTE;
(9) Machine learning techniques to reach sustainable and efficient spectrum management solutions;
(10) Application of business planning strategies to evaluate the radio technologies and their deployments for innovative services and products;
(11) Aspects of privacy and security;
(12) Optimization of energy efficiency and sustainable techno-economic issues;
(13) Contribution to public policies for spectrum management;
(14) Standards and standardization activities.
Paper Submission Deadline: 15 July 2022
Paper Acceptance Notification: 1 September 2022
Camera-Ready: 1 October 2022
Fernando J. Velez (Instituto de Telecomunicações and Universidade da Beira Interior, Portugal, firstname.lastname@example.org), Ana Garcia Armada (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain, email@example.com), Pedro Sebastião (Instituto de Telecomunicações and ISCTE-IUL, Portugal, firstname.lastname@example.org), Maria Julia Fernández-Getino García (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain, email@example.com), Periklis Chatzimisios (International Hellenic University, Greece, firstname.lastname@example.org) and Christos Masouros (University College London, United Kingdom, email@example.com).
Further info on the conference's page: https://globecom2022.ieee-globecom.org/workshop/ws18-sustainable-future-ultra-dense-networks-futureudns
For the submission details, please download the CfP brochure:
IT joins the Portuguese Society of Physiology (SPFis) in the co-organization and dissemination of its 2nd International Meeting,
The Meeting is an opportunity to discuss the latest (teaching) methods and (research) trends in the main fields of human biomedicine. The conveners hope to receive an audience of academics, researchers (from medicine to biochemistry and biology, to pharmacy and biomedical engineering), and professionals (doctors, health technicians from clinical areas to the sport, among others) that share a passion for Human Physiology.
The Meeting will be hosted at ESTeSC of the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra on 11 and 12 November 2022 and has the scientific sponsorship of international organizations, such as the FEPS - European Federation of Physiological Societies, the IUPS - International Union of Physiological Societies, and the APS - American Physiological Society.
Early Bird: July 31, 2022
Abstract submission: June to September 15, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: October 5, 2022
Deadline for registration with reduced fee: October 10, 2022
Image and flyer credits: SPFis
For more information, please visit the Meeting page: https://www.sociedadefisiologia.pt and consult the flyer: