Paulo C. Bartolomeu (IT- University of Aveiro, Portugal) and Stefano Marrone (University of Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy) are presenting a Special Session, entitled “Industrial Cybersecurity Methods and Technologies”, in the scope of ETFA Conference, which will be held at Romania, on September 12-15, 2023.
Industrial cybersecurity has become a key research topic in recent years due to the massive connectivity brought by the Internet of Things and the rise of cyberattacks against industrial assets. While fostering contemporary applications and use cases, ubiquitous Internet access has also exposed legacy operational technologies to new and challenging security threats that must be addressed. This Special Session focuses on novel security, safety, and privacy-enhancing technologies for current and future industrial applications.
Topics under this session include (but are not limited to):
• Security, safety, or privacy-enhancing technologies in industrial systems;
• Modeling of cybersecurity threats;
• Applications of distributed ledger technologies/blockchains in Industry 4.0;
• Self-sovereign identity for M2M and decentralized device-to-device communication;
• Hardware advances for securing Industrial devices and networks;
• Quantitative evaluation and/or interconnections among non-functional aspects (e.g., reliability vs. safety, security vs. performance);
• Run-time methods and technologies for Complex Event Detection systems;
• Software engineering methods and techniques for highly dependable control systems;
• Case studies/lessons learned of security, safety, or privacy assessments of industrial systems.
The ETFA conference brings together experts from industry and academia to disseminate novel ideas and emerging trends, research results and practical achievements in the area of industrial and factory automation. The ultimate goal is fostering the development and adoption of scientific methods, models, and tools for the efficient design and operation of industrial and factory automation systems.
Check here the Important dates:
For more, visit the Conference webpage:
After the first successful edition of CSNet 2017 in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), the second edition CSNet 2018 in Paris (France), the third edition CSNet 2019 in Quito (Ecuador), CSNet 2020 in Lausanne (Switzerland) (Online), CSNet 2021 in Abu Dhabi (UAE) (Hybrid), CSNet 2022 in Brazil, the seventh edition of Cyber Security in Networking (CSNet) conference will be held in Montreal (Canada) next October 16 - 18, 2023.
The technological disruption is generating an impact on society and leading to a new industrial revolution. This social and industrial change presents new technological environments constituted by ubiquitous systems and large amounts of information, which requires a change in the way how cyber security is designed and developed. The use of artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, and data analytics provides additional tools for security analysts to face new forms of cybersecurity threats.
In today's highly connected world, networks and systems are expected to support a wide range of critical and vital services. The resiliency of such services, which includes cyber security, adaptability, and autonomy, will be a key driving factor for future networked systems.
Topics of interest for the CSNet 2023 conference include, but are not limited to:
* AI Technologies Applied to Cyber Security
* Attacks on Virtualized Systems
* Cloud Security
* Cognitive Cyber Security
* Cyber-attacks & defense
* Cyber-Physical System (CPS) Security
* Cybersecurity and Human Rights
* Data Center Network Control, Security, and Optimization
* Decentralized Security
* Demilitarization Zone (DMZ)
* Disaster Recovery Plan
* Enterprise Network Security
* Hardware-Based Attacks
* Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
* Industrial Control System Information Security
* Integrated Network Security Hardware
* Internet Content Filters
* Internet Security Issues
* Malware Attacks
* Network and Operating System Administration for Security Purposes
* Network Attached Storage
* Privacy and Responsibility in Digital Age
* Resilient Networks and Systems
* Secure Protocol Design and Key Management
* Secure Architecture Design
* Secure Network Design
* Security Policies Design
* Security for the Internet of Things
* Security in Fog/edge Computing
* Security, Trust, and Privacy Challenges
* Security for Vehicular Networks
* Smart City Security
* Smart Grid Security
* Smart Phones Privacy and Security
* Social Networks Security
* System Security for Wired and Wireless Networks
* Usable Security
Full/Short papers submissions deadline: May 22, 2023
Notifications of acceptance: June 30th, 2023
Camera-ready submissions: July 19th, 2023
Work-in-progress, and Demo Paper Submission Deadline: July 10th, 2023
Work-in-progress, and Demo Paper Acceptance Notification: August 1st, 2023
Work-in-progress, and Demo Paper Camera Ready Submission Deadline: August 15th, 2023
Our researcher Daniel Corujo is part of the demo chairs committee.
Check the Conference webpage for full information and submissions guidelines: