The Laboratory comprises an anechoic chamber (6x5x3 meters) with possibility of small vehicle access, coupled to full RF characterization and measurement system capabilities and a multi-frequency channel sounder with doubly-selective channel measurement capability (multipath and Doppler), up to 26.5 and at 40 and 60 GHz.
The Laboratory is divided into three different sections:
- RF and Microwave circuit and system characterization with measurement capabilities ranging from a few kHz to 26.5 GHz. The lab is equipped with the following test and measurement devices:
• Vector Network Analysers (3 GHz and 20 GHz);
• CW signal generators (3GHz and 27 GHz);
• Spectrum Analysers (3GHz and 26.5GHz) with RF Analysis capability for CDMA 2000, W-CDMA, IS-95, GSM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.;
• Noise Figure measurement device (1.8GHz);
• Active High Frequency probe (3GHz);
• Power Meter (18GHz);
• A complete set of transitions, cables, attenuators and other miscellaneous devices.
- Antenna and Radio Channel Characterisation:
• Anechoic Chamber (6x5x3 meters) with possibility of small vehicle access;
• 4 sets of PC controlled positioning devices with accuracy of 0.01 arc sec;
• Calibrated measurement antennas for 20, 40 and 60 GHz;
• Channel Sounder with double selective channel measurement capability (multipath and Doppler) for 20, 40 and 60 GHz;
• Sounders for CW RF channel measurements at 20, 40 and 60 GHz.
• Outdoor (9m height) pneumatic antenna masts;
• Inverter Power Supply to support outdoor measurements.
- DVB-T signal analysis and generation:
• DVB-T/H signal generator with RF transmitter for UHF frequencies;
• DVB-T/H and IPTV signal receiver and analyser;
• UHF Low Noise Amplifier;
• UHF RF power Amplifier;
• Various UHF antennas suited for DVB outdoor tests.