The Microwave Lab at IT Coimbra has human resources and adequate equipment for precise fabrication and characterization of complex antenna and microwave devices based on printed circuits. The lab can produce high quality printed circuits with a resolution of 200 micron.
The Microwave Lab is equipped for near-field antenna measurements and for microwave device testing (active and passive components). The Lab includes:
• A Vector Network Analyser 20GHz, Rhode & Schwarz ZVB20.
• Near-Field scanner based on a Fanuc industrial Robot Fanuc LR Mate 200iC / L5.
• 4 Channel-4 GHz Digital Phospor Oscilloscope Tektronix DPO70404.
• Signal Generator [9kHz to 3.2GHz] Rhode & Schwarz SMC100A SMC-B103.
• Spray Etching Machine MEGA-UK Rota-Spray Plus.
In addition, the Microwave Lab has licenses of the software packages CST Microwave Studio and Comsol Multiphysics which enable the fast characterization of the electromagnetic response of complex structures.