TRB/2022/00001 - OPEN NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR MSC HIRING, UNDER THE SCOPE OF THE EUROPEAN PROJECT DISCRETION - DISRUPTIVE SDN SECURE COMMUNICATIONS FOR EUROPEAN DEFENCE, FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION, THROUGH THE EU - H2020 PROGRAM (EDIDP)
|Funding Reference Number:
TRB/2022/00001 - DISCRETION
By order issued by the Director General of the Telecommunications Institute on January 13, 2022, it was approved to open an international call to select 5 (five) researchers with a master degree in the scientific scope of the project DISCRETION, under the scope of an indefinite term working contract, overseen by the legal Work Code.
Optics and Photonics
Optical Quantum Communications – Av
Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a Master's degree in Physics, Physics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Sciences, Informatics, Mathematics, Telecommunications or similar, and holders of a curriculum that reveals an adequate profile and background for the activity to be developed. Any publication or experience in any of the skills or topics of the work will be considered a plus. Interest in pursuing a Ph.D. study program will be also valued.
• Master 1: Contribute to the design and laboratory implementation of a quantum transmitter and receiver of a Continuous-Variable Quantum Key Distribution System.
• Master 2: Design VHDL codes and its implementation on FPGAs boards for real time phase- and frequency-mismatch compensation at receiver side, as well for the generation of high-order constellations at transmitter side of a Continuous-Variable Quantum Key Distribution System.
• Master 3: Design and implementation on Graphic Processing Units (GPUs) of multi-edge type low-density parity check algorithms for key reconciliation on Continuous-Variable Quantum Key Distribution Systems.
• Master 4: Design and implementation of a Quantum Key Distribution management layer capable of retrieve cryptographic keys from a physical layer and distribute them from different applications.
• Master 5: Analysis of composable finite-size security of the Continuous-Variable Quantum Key Distribution System implemented in the laboratory, considering discrete modulation.
Labour Code, approved by Law no. 7/2009, of 12 February, in its current reading.
|Place of work:
The workplace shall be at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Polo de Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro.
An indefinite term working contract.
The monthly remuneration to be attributed consists of 1,411.67 Euros.
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 60% + C2 x 15% + C3 x 25%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Both the admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at Instituto de Telecomunicações – Pólo de Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro, all candidates shall be notified by email.
Formalisation of applications:
- Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of Instituto de Telecomunicações, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
- Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for tender admission, namely:
Copy of certificate or diploma;
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
13-01-2022 to 11-02-2022