B-0023-23 - OPEN NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR A RESEARCHER, UNDER THE SCOPE OF THE PROJECT Route 25 - C645463824-00000063, FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN UNION/NEXT GENERATION
|Funding Reference Number:
By order issued by the Director General of Instituto de Telecomunicações on February 13, 2023, it was approved to open an international call to select one researcher with a M.Sc. degree in engineering, mathematics or physics (preferably computer science or computer engineering), in the scope of the project Route 25, with reference n. C645463824-00000063, funded by the European Union/Next Generation, under the scope of an indefinite term working contract.
Networks and Services
Networked Systems – Po
The applicant must have:
- M.Sc. degree in engineering, mathematics or physics (preferably computer science or computer engineering);
- strong object-oriented programming skills;
- strong mathematical background especially on linear algebra and numerical methods;
- knowledge on computer systems and architecture;
- ability to implement new functionalities from theory to practice;
- ability to think analytically and solve technical problems;
- excellent communication skills with fluency in English; Additional prefered skills:
- fundamental knowledge on computer graphics and computer vision;
- basic hands-on experience on collision and contact handling.
Transcript submission is required with the other documents.
The reseacher will be responsible to:
- collect data from the existing and new sources;
- design, implement and validate collision detection algorithms;
- design and implement collision evaluation environment;
- evaluate collision detection service on available hardware platforms.
Labour Code approved by Law no. 7/2009 of 12 February, under its current Reading.
|Place of work:
The workplace shall be at Instituto de Telecomunicações (Delegação do Porto, Universidade do Porto - Faculdade de Engenharia, Departamento de Engenharia Eletrotécnica e de Computadores, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, s/n, 4200-465 Porto), or at any other facilities of Instituto de Telecomunicações namely in Aveiro, Coimbra, Lisboa, Covilhã, Leiria, in accordance with the requirements and needs of research projects.
Indefinite term working contract in the scientific scope of this project.
The salary can go from 1.268,04€ and 1.528,59€ depending on the selected candidate experience.
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 50% + C2 x 50%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Both admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at Instituto de Telecomunicações – Delegação do Porto, Universidade do Porto - Faculdade de Engenharia, Departamento de Engenharia Eletrotécnica e de Computadores, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, s/n, 4200-465 Porto, all candidates shall be notified by email.
After the notification of the results, candidates have 10 working days if they wish to contest the decision.
Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of Instituto de Telecomunicações, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone
Applications shall include all supported documents, namely:
a) Certificate or diploma copy;
b) Curriculum vitae
Apply online clicking on the “Apply Now” button in this form.
E-mail submissions will not be considered. (The cover letter and the CV are mandatory documents in the online application platform)
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
02-03-2023 to 14-04-2023