Current 4G vision envisages higher data rates and multi standard radio interfaces to provide all users with a continuous
seamless connection. The large number of foreseen devices coupled with the surge in power requirements for future
emerging handsets raises significant challenges in terms of: i) reducing the energy consumption; and ii) reducing the amount
of electromagnetic radiations.
GREENET targets the following main objectives:
1. Recruitment of ESRs with the clear and long-term objective to conduct top-notch research and to pursue research
excellence at the national, European, and international levels.
2. Develop training and career plans that are personalized as possible to meet the needs and desires of each ESR.
3. To allow the ESRs to understand and address key research challenges on energy efficient GREENET communications,
that form pivotal societal and economic concerns for Europe within the mid-to-long term.
4. Offer to each ESR top-level training and research programs with the twofold objective to reinforce and corroborate their
own background, as well as to complement this with active participation in a multi-disciplinary network of research scientists.
5. Complement the typical competences of “applied research” with aspects related to project management, intellectual
property rights, writing of patents, presentation and communication skills, writing of technical papers, exploitation of technical
results and creation of start-up companies, etc.
6. Guide and help the ESRs to build the bridge from academia to a remarkable and untactful professional career in either the
private or public sectors.
|Start Date: 01-01-2011|
|End Date: 01-12-2014|
|Team: Jonathan Rodriguez Gonzalez, Hugo Almeida e Marques, Victor Sucasas Iglésias, Riccardo Bassoli, Claudia Marina Mónica de Oliveira Barbosa|
|Groups: Mobile Systems - Av|
|Local Coordinator: Jonathan Rodriguez Gonzalez|