|Main Objective: The goal of this project is twofold:
1. to get a deeper insight into the manifestations of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer 's disease (AD) both in space and time dimensions
2. to produce more accurate diagnosis tools using PET images of the brain.
In order to achieve these goals, we propose to develop automatic classification tools for PET brain images to:
1. differentiate between Alzheimer's disease (AD), Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI), and normal control subjects (NC).
2. distinguish between MCI patients who convert to AD (MCI-C) from those who remain stable, the non-converters (MCI NC).
3. identify individual patterns of disease evolution, by assessing morphological changes along the time, based on follow up scans for each patient.
4. incorporate complementary sources of information, namely based on cognitive evaluation tests, into the diagnosis process.
|Start Date: 01-02-2011|
|End Date: 01-07-2014|
|Team: Ana Luisa Nobre Fred, André Ribeiro Lourenço|
|Groups: Pattern and Image Analysis – Lx|
|Partners: Instituto de Sistemas e Robótica, Hospitais Privados de Portugal Medicina Molecular,|
|Local Coordinator: Ana Luisa Nobre Fred|
|Links: Internal Page|