Key objective of the ONECI project: to research in detail a cost and power efficient transport network architecture able to carry a wide range of signal bandwidths, varying in real time, direction and magnitude, some of which will be
extremely large possibly exceeding 1Tb/s.
To achieve this objective, the ONECI project will study the:
• Impact of node architecture in energy consumption of optical transport networks
• Impairment-aware lightpath routing and spectrum allocation in optical transport networks with physical-layer heterogeneity
• Transport systems enabling flexible transmission and switching beyond 100Gbps per channel.
• Dynamic network resources allocation at both IP and elastic optical layers
• Multilayer network optimization tools, enabling both off-line planning and on-line network re-optimization in elastic optical networks.
|Start Date: 01-05-2013|
|End Date: 01-04-2015|
|Team: José Rodrigues Ferreira da Rocha, Gokhan Sahin, Paulo Miguel Nepomuceno Pereira Monteiro, Armando Humberto Moreira Nolasco Pinto, Amaro Fernandes de Sousa, Natasa Pavlovic, Dorabella Martins da Silva Santos|
|Groups: Optical Communication Systems and Networking – Av|
|Local Coordinator: José Rodrigues Ferreira da Rocha|