• Design and simulation of static synchronous compensator based on a NPC converter topology;
• Development of appropriate control strategies for normal and faulty operation of a Static Compensator based on the NPC converter topology, using Finite-Control-Set Model Predictive Control (FCS-MPC);
• Optimization of the control strategy for use with the 5-level NPC converter, so that it can be executed in real-time in the dSpace controller;
• Development of laboratory setup to allow the recreation of several power grid problems and test their impact on the developed system.
• Experimental validation of the developed control strategies, using the developed prototype.
|Start Date: 01-04-2017|
|End Date: 01-03-2018|
|Team: André Manuel dos Santos Mendes, Luis Miguel Antunes Caseiro|
|Groups: Power Systems – Co|
|Local Coordinator: André Manuel dos Santos Mendes|