|Main Objective: Reinforce research, technological development and innovation
Synthesis: In the competitive environment of mobile communications sector, all issues related to optimization and cost reduction are of utmost importance. In this context, MUSCLES project aims to investigate, and implement a software platform that supports the autonomous management of self-organizing LTE-A networks, which is capable of automatic detection and resolution of issues that are currently manually handled by mobile operators, thereby reducing the operating costs (OPEX) substantially.
The project commits to the creation of tangible outputs, this includes not only implementations and showcases, but also the creation of commercially exploitable intellectual property. By definition, MUSCLES is a research not a development project, however a number of products are envisaged:
- Self-organizing on-demand mobile small cell;
- A system level simulator (SLS), which can serve as an experimental platform to investigate new complicated scenarios;
- A new Software product for automatic management of mobile networks, based on the latest SON algorithms;
- A SW tool for the design of dense backhaul/access networks operating at mmwave frequencies based on GIS information and a variety of installation and operation constraints;
- New business models built on top of the disruptive network structure, where services provide a sophisticated, solely IP-based audio-visual content delivery system to the content provider with transparent and seamless handover to the mobile operators’ network.
Eligible Costs: 749 878,66 € (Total) / 187 708,92 € (IT)
Funding (FEDER - COMPETE 2020): 424 307,57 € (Total) / 140 781,69 € (IT)
|Start Date: 01-11-2016|
|End Date: 31-10-2019|
|Team: Ayman Mohamed Metwally Radwan|
|Groups: Mobile Systems - Av|
|Partners: ALTICE LABS, S.A., EURICO FERREIRA S.A., INSTITUTO POLITÉCNICO DE CASTELO BRANCO|
|Local Coordinator: Ayman Mohamed Metwally Radwan|